The movement of the jet of water and abrasive movement is entirely managed by a computer which follows the desired path for the precise realization of the required piece. In each phase are managed the position of the and its inclination, the feed speed, the water pressure, the addition of abrasive and all the parameters that influence the quality of the cut, as a function of the material being processed, its thickness and the degree of accuracy and finish desired.
In order to reduce of the taper of the cutting, head can perform a movement which, by angling the jet, compensates for the taper and therefore realizes perpendicular cuts on the workpieces.
– Working Plan: 3.000 x 1.500 mm;
– Workpiece height: 150/220 mm and more;
– Conical cuts up to 9 °;
– + -0.01 Mm + / -0.05 mm max;
– Stainless (everyone), from mild steels to those tempered by stainless steels to steels used for tool and molds, cast irons;
– And derivatives;
– Inconel, astelloy, etc…;
– And all its derivatives;
– All, plywood, chipboard, flooring, etc…;
– Mirrors, crystals, etc…;
– Single-fired tiles, stoneware, cotto tiles, etc…;
– All, marble, granite, etc…;
– Carbon fiber, kevlar, etc..;
– All of them;
– All, from PVC to polycarbonate, polystyrene, etc..;
And many other materials …
Essentially all, as long as concave profiles have a radius of at least 0.50 mm and a width of 1 mm. You can get up to 0.20 mm radius and a width of 0.4 mm with the micro nozzle. For convex profiles this limitation does not exist and even sharp edges can be made.
The vertical profile of the cut can be varied in a range between + -9 °.
You can also perform incisions and dissections.
The great versatility of this cutting technology is its key point. With just one tool (the jet of water and abrasive) it can work practically all materials in all possible shapes (see limitations above) with a good accuracy of shape, a good quality of work and cut also very high gauges (150 / 220 mm and more).
The water jet cutting is a cold cutting, it avoids heat deformation and structural transformations in tempered steels.
Large exploitation of the initial plate thanks to the ability to orient shapes to be cut.
In the mechanical water jet cutting can:
– Be an adequate substitute for cut when it is necessary to make samples or small series of pieces especially in case of large or complex profiles and on hardened steel;
– Be a supplementary or substitute for processing performed on a CNC providing minor processing and set up times;
– Replace EDM, where tolerances allow. The processing speeds are much higher;
– Replace the laser cutting when:
-You have to cut heat-sensitive materials such as tempered steels in order to obtain springs, utensils, etc.. With laser cutting in the cutting zone the structure of these steels is altered both in case of tempered materials or annealed ones, however this is not always acceptable; – You have to cut materials with high gauges up to 220 mm;
– You have to cut reflective materials such as aluminum and copper;
Production of architectural details
You can make signs, badges, and even complicated shapes on a wide range of materials such as stones, ceramics, metals, glass, plastic, rubber, wood, etc.;
Manufacturing of glass, crystal, mirrors
it is possible to perform cuts with complicated shapes for the production of molded mirrors, ornaments, plates and tables, stained glass, etc.. You cannot cut tempered glass otherwise they will shatter.
Useful for making shaped parts, also with very high gauges (220 mm). The cut quality is much better than oxyfuel and welding is more tenacious “clinging” to a cold cut material. Set up times are very short and also small batches are convenient to be water-jet cut.